Thursday, 3 July 2014

Summer Ambitions...

At the beginning of every 'significant' period of time I try to set myself 'goals' or 'ambitions' for me to focus on so that I don't go completely stir crazy!
These 'significant' periods of time can be anything for example a new year, a term or in this case the summer holidays! I have even started writing in notebooks to make sure that I focus myself on these ambitions.
I have started a journal to document my personal goals and feelings on my ambitions but I now also have a blogging notebook to store all my ideas and notes for this blog in making me more focussed on my first goal, to blog more regularly! 

My first goal has a lot to do with focussing on doing something/ achieving something with my summer. I don't want to get in to the routine of just going to work, coming home, sleeping, eating and repeating. It's unhealthy and I want to achieve more with my time so I have decided to focus my creative energy in to this blog, it's something new, interesting and fun for me to channel my energy in to no matter if anyone is reading it or not! So expect more on here from me from now on! 

My second goal is personal, I want to lose weight, I've been battling with my feelings towards my body for a while, I have put on weight and it's now affecting how I live my life which is not okay. I want to feel confident and happy and have a positive feelings towards my body and not be ashamed about how I look. I know that you don't have to be skinny to be happy but this is entirely personal, I am not losing weight for anybody else, this is entirely for me. The realisation came to me when I realised that this image summed up my feeling towards myself...

although this puts it in a slightly amusing way it is way too on point for my liking! Not liking who you are is not okay for any reason and if you can do something to change that then you should do it, for you. Nobody else. For you. I have found something that is causing me unhappiness and difficulty and it happens to something that I can change so I am going to. That is my summer ambition to change how I feel about myself by getting healthier and therefore (hopefully) happier.

Another ambition of mine is to learn French, this has been one of my new years resolutions for years and I have finally decided to attempt to do something about it! Actually learn a new language, go for it and attempt to expand my horizons with a new language. I love France and think that the French language is one of the most beautiful in the world and my aim is to be able to speak it well enough to go back to Paris and spend a week there only speaking French. (Not this summer of course but sometime in the future)

Now the last few haven't been particularly time sensitive but these next few are. I want to get organised. I mean really organised. This means going through all my clothes, my makeup my paperwork/books and get rid of anything unnecessary stuff! With my clothes this means going through and getting rid of anything that either doesn't fit or I say 'it'd look better if....' NOT ANYMORE! if it doesn't look right or make me feel good then OUT IT GOES! (this will be so liberating!)
With my makeup this means going through and throwing bits and pieces that are out of date or that I don't use/haven't used. My plan is to throw the stuff that's out of date or a bit gross but anything that's still useable I will donate to a loving and deserving home (one of my friends makeup bags) so that it can be loved and used as all make up should.
Finally, my paperwork, as a trainee teacher I have a hell of a lot of paperwork! Everything has notes about notes and lecturers seem to give hundreds of handouts per lecture that just seem to mount up in to this huge pile of paper that needs to be sorted through before the new term starts! I need to look over all of my notes and handouts from the past two years and keep the useful things and throw away the useless stuff! It's a big job but it needs doing! This is definitely time sensitive as it needs to be done before September!

Finally I need to explore Brighton! I want to get to know the city that I live in, it is a fun, fascinating and incredible city that I feel I have only scratched the surface of so this summer I want to really explore the city and document this in photos and writing and blog posts! 

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have more ambitions soon, it's a long summer!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment