Thursday, 10 October 2013

Getting ready....

It's that time of year again where the nights are getting darker, the days are getting colder and the make up is getting fabulous!
As some of you are probably back at school all ready and enduring the daily battle against the alarm, your parents and of course what to wear whether that's make up or clothes, it's all more difficult before school! 
For me however it's moving out of home and go back to university more permanently this year. I am now going in to my second year so I am getting a house with friends so OFFICIALLY moving out!
This is incredibly scary time and I've had a tough time dealing with it, as I said in a previous post I've had low self esteem issues as well as paranoia and anxiety in new situations which even though I know the girls I'm moving in with it still causes me anxiety because I'm leaving my home and going a whole new way with my life, becoming more independent and the like! 

However, with all this change I have managed to organise and sort through all my clothes, make up and my life in general. I did this in my typical way of making lists and trying to be organised but ending up throwing things into bags and boxes and hoping I don't forget anything! There are some things, make-up wise, however that I refuse to forget!

The first on my list is:




- My Clinique chubby sticks! I absolutely adore these, I don't think I could live without them! I'm not much of a lipstick person and I generally don't wear anything but lipbalm on my lips but these are so easy to apply and last for hours! I wear these everyday as they are so versatile and the colours are pigmented and there is such a variety! My most recent investment is a Chubby stick intense which I love wearing on nights out as it's so nourishing and pigmented just like my other less pigmented 'day' chubby sticks! 
The chubby sticks I own are:
- Mega Melon
-Woppin' Watermelon
- Super Strawberry
- Graped up
- Hefty Hibiscus (Clinique chubby stick intense)
and I love them all!



- Next is my Real Techniques make-up brushes! These have revolutionised my make-up routine and given my old make-up a new lease of life! I decided to change my ways with my make-up routine as I now feel more grown up (what with being a second year and all!) and actually make an effort to make my face look presentable on a day to day basis! They are absolutely fantastic and I've become inspired and now own practically every brush in the collection! My absolute favourite brushes are the buffing brush and the expert face brush which I use for my foundation and it makes it absolutely gorgeous and flawless! I have become so much more confident in wearing my make up with pride now! The website is http://realtechniques.com and it has links of where to purchase your own as well as make up tutorials/ style tips for using the brushes! 

- Some people under estimate the power of a good mascara but it is one of my make up bag essentials! Even if I don't wear any other make up I will always put mascara on! My new obsession is Rimmel 'Glam eyes' mascara, which you can get from most high street and drug stores, it really makes my eyes stand out and defined so is perfect for daytime but is also amazing when layered for an evening look.

I must confess I started writing this blog post back in September (nearly a month ago) when I was actually getting ready to leave for University and then everything just happened so quickly that I haven't managed to sit down and dedicate time to writing in what feels like forever! However, this evening I shared my blog with my closest friend who encouraged me to write again and I'm going to make more of an effort now as it is something I'm passionate about and there may be somebody out there reading this!

Thank you so much.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment