Friday, 6 September 2013

What's in my bag?

I've seen lots of beauty bloggers do this tag of what they keep in there bag and what they have on a day-to-day basis.


I like to have enough in my bag to survive a day out no matter what I'm doing, I always have to attempt to be prepared for different weather, situations and people so my bag reflects that.

My bag is quite big for a day bag but is functional and bright but goes with the majority of outfits, this current one is from a couple of seasons a go in New Look but although it's battered and bruised now I love it just the same.

The next handbag staple I have is my purse (sometimes I forget it but hey!) it's a cheap and cheerful one from Primark that probably needs updating but it does the job and goes with everything, it also fits all of my debit cards, loyalty cards, money (if I have any!) etc. 

A new addition is my 'Fifty shades' printed notebook, I used to always have little scraps of paper with lists and notes on them so the other week my mum gave me this little notebook so that I would be saved from those scraps of paper flying at me whenever I open my bag! Honestly I should have thought of it earlier! I also carry a pen to write in this obviously!

Something I don't think I could live without being in my handbag are my headphones! I get so annoyed when I forget them on long journeys or going for a walk. They're just the basic ones that come with an iPhone as I haven't felt the need to upgrade as they suit my needs!

Something that obviously comes with my headphones is my phone (it's not in the picture) I have an iPhone 4 which comes with me everywhere as I have a slight texting addiction but in this day and age I like being connected to the people in my life wherever I go.

Now because of the stupid british weather I always carry some sunglasses (just in case) the ones I am currently loving are some leopard print ones from Primark that are in the Ray ban 'Wayfarer' style (but a lot cheaper!). The other essential to combat the crazy british weather is my beautiful Radley umbrella that I got as a gift last year and I use it so often it's probably the best present I've ever received! It's cream with pastel spots on it so it goes with so many things and means I can use it every day.

My family has a long, long history of bad eyesight so another handbag staple of mine is my glasses. I don't need them all the time, it's mainly for reading and looking at screens (including writing this) so they always stay in my bag just in case.

The smallest but mightiest thing in my handbag is my tiny bottle of antibacterial gel for those moments when my hands feel all gross when I'm out and about. I got this little bottle from a pharmacy in Paris so I'm not sure on the price or where I got it from but it smells incredible which is what I look for in a hand sanitizer! 

As I enjoy being that little bit over organised, I also have an obsession with shoes, this involves new shoes so I always carry plasters so in those moments where my shoes rub or I just fall over from being accident prone, I have some plasters on hand to help.

A few weeks ago my friend introduced me to the concept of carrying my perfume with me in my handbag so that throughout the day I can top up my fragrance throughout the day, as well as I always remember to put on my perfume!

My pocket mirror is a simple black cased mirror from boots that has a regular mirror and a magnifying mirror which is very handy for when I'm out and about.

One of my new discoveries is a make up remover pen which I got in my most recent Glossybox and it has been incredible! It makes it easy to touch up my make up as it removes any smudges of mascara or issues with lipstick etc which is a lifesaver!

My favourite item in my hand bag is my Clinique chubby stick which is a nourishing balm that is so pigmented and moisturising that it works for everyday wear and looks brilliant! The shade I currently have in my bag is number 07 'Super Strawberry' which is a darker pinky shade that is great for autumnal looks!

Bag - New Look - £19
Purse - Primark - £5
Notebook - Peter Pauper press - price unknown
Headphones - Apple
iPhone - Apple
Sunglasses - Primark - £2
Umbrella - Radley
Glasses - Calvin Klein 
Perfume - Clinique Happy - £48 
Pocket mirror - Boots - £5
Make up remover pen - Ocenane - not available in the UK
Chubby stick - Clinique - £12.50


I hope you all enjoyed this and at least a few of you are reading it!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment