Saturday, 5 July 2014

Trying Something new!

You know how you can tell that you're in a rut? You find yourself curled up in bed at 2 o'clock on a beautiful sunny Thursday not even thinking about moving as it's your day off and the rest of the world can sod off as far as you're concerned! This my dear readers is not healthy in any sense of the word! It's okay occasionally but when it's your routine for every single day off then it becomes a rut and not healthy at all! 
So I decided to shake up my routine! I looked back at my summer ambitions list and realised that to achieve all this I would have to be proactive with my days off (so far I haven't always achieved active so it could be interesting!) 
I started by giving myself a regular alarm, it may sound silly but having a regular time to wake up....not always get up... but at least greet the day is a fantastic mood booster as well as helping with routines and daily planning! As I'm not a naturally early riser I struggled at first but it's got easier, I just make sure that once I'm up I do something straight away even if it's just making myself a cup of coffee! After this I feel that little bit better, I haven't just snoozed my alarm and rolled over I've got up and done something! Even if I do go back to bed afterwards it's okay because I've started my day! This normally leads to me perched on my bed checking different parts of the internet for nonsense before doing anything else vaguely productive! 
This list may be made up of only a few small things but I've found it helpful now I'm on my summer break and sometimes having too much time so I end up bored and then not enough time for the necessities (cleaning mainly!) I am working 5 days a week is that takes up the majority of my week but those other 2 days and evenings can sometimes feel like dead space that could be filled with brightly coloured adventures and not greyscale duvet days! 
So next on my list is getting healthier, which ties in quite nicely to getting a more structured routine! I've never been particularly sporty but since my realisation that that's pretty much the only way to shift some weight and be that little bit more confident about my appearance, I have started moving more it started with the obligatory walk to work - a healthy replacement for the bus - and has graduated to dedicated walks for no other purpose than enjoyment and getting fit! I've found that although I'm not in anyway, shape or form a 'morning' person I love going for walks along the beach early in the morning when there's not many people about and it's all quiet and very pretty! 

Evidence that Brighton is pretty even at 6AM! 

The idea of trying something new is something I want to push more throughout all aspects of my life so with that in mind I've liberated some older make up that has gone unloved for some time and used it to revamp my make up routine for the summer, finding interesting shades of eyeshadow and exploring that as an extension of my outfits rather than just having one look is something fun to try! This has lead me to convince my friends to allow me to do their make up (they're brave ladies!) but it's allowed me to hone my techniques and explore other colour combos that don't suit me but look fabulous on my friends! Just some fun little things that I've explored for the summer to practise my techniques as well as fill my spare time! 

Thanks to whoevers reading! Until next time!!
Xox


No comments:

Post a Comment